Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday's Scissors and Cream (Sour Cream Enchilladas. Caramel Apple Dip, and Upcycle Polka Dot Vase)

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...


Sour Cream Enchiladas

I love this recipe because you literally DUMP all the ingredients together and bake it! Now that is my kind of recipe when you have toddlers in the house! We substituted green pepper and tomatoes with the following: 1/2 c corn, 1 c spinach, 1 small zucchini. We also used fat free sour cream/milk/soup. Trying to be a little more healthy around here :)



Caramel Apple Dip

When I made this amazing Banana Toffee Caramel Pie HERE I had some Caramel left over for apples. You have the choice of making the sweetened condensed milk turn into caramel in a water bath by using the oven or your crockpot. A recipe seriously can't get easier then this!



Frosted Polka Dot Vase
I got the idea from one of the blogs I follow HERE.  I put a bunch of those round garage sale stickers on the vase and sprayed it multiple times.  The only bad part was that it scratches easily so I need to seal it with something still.

No comments: