Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday's Scissors and Cream (Croquet Birdie Prop, Caramel Banana Toffee Pie, French Toast Muffins )

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

Creative Newborn Props
HERE is another copycat idea I found on pintrest and here is what we ended up with. I think this will be my favorite prop to work with! It is so much fun finding new ideas online and then trying them out for ourselves. :)



Blue Birdie Beanie
HERE is where I found the idea I wanted to copy.
Here is how mine turned out and our adorable nephew!




Banana Caramel Toffee Pie (minus the toffee)

THIS Pie is to die for! If you haven't tried it you HAVE to asap. It was pretty easy to do to! During the process you get to try making homemade caramel from a can of sweetened condensed milk. You get to choose how to make it by throwing it in a water bath either in the oven or the crockpot. My sister was in town and since I was making it for our guests and she doesn't like toffee I excluded it. Since this pie is SO rich I would like to experiment next time with layering 2 more layers of bananas.

Sorry this was a phone picture


Of course every pie experience needs some helpers! Here is Danagan and his cousin Nathan both are 2 years old now!

Sadly THESE muffins got scarffed down at the shower so quick I couldn't even take a picture! You gotta try this recipe! So good!

No comments: