Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friday's Scissors and Cream (Pizza Puffs, Chicken Parmigiana, White Brownies, and Yarn Wreath

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

Just a little side note...My husband thinks I should switch the title of these posts to Scissors & @%$# because of all of the failed recipes I try. HAHA. When he said this at a family party his mother said it is funny because we would use curse word symbols. Uh, "curse word symbols"? I thought each one of those symbols we use to substitute letters have names and other functions. We were all rolling around laughing by that time :)

Yarn Easter Wreath

I am known for my cheapness and this is the craft to prove it! I always have so much yarn laying around after I make my hats or flowers so, when I saw this HERE I thought it was a brilliant idea to get rid of some of my excess yarn. I have no spring and summer decor in our home. Hopefully this will be a great alternative to the warmer season.
Instead of buying a foam/plastic/wicker wreath at Micheals for 5 bucks I cut out some cardboard and wrapped it will yarn which used MORE yarn. YAY!

Make sure your kids have time to play with it too...HA





This was such a yummy recipe and super easy. The mustard really improves this meal since we have tried several recipes in the past with out it. Do you guys have any tips to share about how to make your chicken really flat? Maybe its just that...I'm a whimp. :( Try this recipe out HERE yourself!



We are proud to announce that we have made these pizza puffs 4 different times last week! That is how amazing THIS recipe is! You have to try it. They are so tasty and such a perfect appetizer or party food. We used whole wheat flour and turkey pepperoni when we made ours and completely fell in love with it! The pictures do not do these little poppers justice!





HERE is the amazing recipe I saw on pintrest. Totally did not turn out like it looked in the gorgeous picture! This was a total fail all around. It tastes like a Chocolate Chip cookie in bar form. Don't get me wrong-Chocolate Chip Cookie bars are delicious but I was expecting to try a new dessert. :/ I used 1/4 c chocolate chips and the rest white chocolate chips because we didn't have enough white for what the recipe called for. I understand this simple switch probably ruined this recipe. I will probably not try it again even if I had enough white chocolate.

No comments: