Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday's Scissors and Cream (Honey Lime Enchillads, Macadamian Lime-Coconut Cookies, Button Tree Canvas)

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

Sorry I have been slacking on the blogging the last few months. We have been swamped with photography sessions for clients, having our own immediate and extended family drama and I am still interviewing for a full time nanny position somewhere. :(  Hopefully things can calm down and we can enjoy some summer weather soon!

Honey Lime Enchilladas

THIS dish is seriously to die for!  If I could jump out of the computer screen and shake you shouting " You must make this casserole for your poor deprived family" - I would.  That is how serious about this dish I am.  The picture does not do it justice at all!  I of course didn't read ahead the directions so i missed precious marinating time.  I improvised by grilling my chicken breasts in a pan, shredding them up really well, then throwing the marinade over it in a bag for 30 min.  You end up throwing the left over marinate on the top anyways so as long as its in the final product your good.


Macadamian Nut-Coconut-Lime Cookies

I found out the hard way that the small pamper chef scoop is actually perfect for THIS recipe! HAHA.  The only improvising I did to this recipe is that I used 1/2 less shredded coconut than what was called for because i am not a huge fan.  For the shredded coconut I did use, I cut up SUPER fine.  Definitely adding this recipe to the stash!  So Yummy!


 

DIY Button Tree

I saw a version of this on Pintrest HERE.  I am not too happy how mine turned out but I figure it will be a work in progress.I took advantage of one of the first sunny days of spring and got creative free hand painting this tree on a cheap canvas I got from the craft store a while back.  For some reason super sunny days make me want to paint!
Sorry for the side ways pic- I am too lazy to switch it around, save it and re download it :)

No comments: