Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Scissors & Cream-Picnic Style! (Chipotle sliders, Edaname Salad, Waterproof Picnic Blanket)

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

Edaname Salad


Chipotle Sliders



DIY Waterproof Blanket

I  decided to get real crafty for my sister in laws birthday this May.  We had talked about both wanting water proof blankets but were overwhelmed with which ones to buy.  I figured (like all other sewing) that I could make one for the same price we could buy one.  The best ones I found online were THESE to purchase. I like the idea of a carrying bag but really wanted to be domestic! HERE is a blog that is the closest one I could find with how we put it together. This blanket tutorial is not a picnic blanket but you can figure out the corners this way.  My blanket was made with laminated cotton and cordaroy fabric.  It measured ---X---.   I tried to do it myself with just straight folded corners but it came out all twisted and couldn't lay flat.  I was instantly grateful that I was making one for myself first!  After 3 people came to my rescue we figured out how to do the corners and use a ton more pins to have it lay straighter/flater while sewing. 



No comments: