Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday's Scissors and Cream Painted Ampersand, The best Pad Thai, and Chocolate Muffins

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

Since these last 2 months have been full of emotional milestones, joyful experiences and extremely difficult-life changing events Easter has snuck up on us! I haven't made the time to do some holiday themed crafts before the holiday so, HERE is a awesome site for FREE printables and activities of all kinds for Easter! I do plan on posting some Easter crafts after the holiday though so stay tuned...

Painted Ampersand

I saw this idea on Pintrest and decided to try it out myself for our next scheduled wedding which happened to be my sisters at the Portland Temple. It turned out pretty darn cute! YAY! I really wanted to copy the colors my friend Lynn did for her hutch HERE but, I felt like it wouldn't be as versatile as I wanted for all the weddings we do. :/


Pad Thai with Homemade Sauce
We are proud to say we have already made this TWICE this week for dinners...enough said! We are suckers for buying the expensive premade sauce for our pad thai usually at the stores so it was refreshing to be a little domestic. We cooked the noodles a bit longer then we should have the first time we made it but other then that it was fantastic! HERE is the recipe we followed. The substitutions we made were only using a 1/2 of serrano pepper and we used 1 TB of chili paste HERE.


HERE is the recipe. This recipe made a ton of muffins. Nothing much else to say about this one except YUM!

1 comment:

Adam B said...

I've always wanted to make my own Pad Thai. I'll have to try this.