Thursday, March 15, 2012

Early Friday's Scissors and Cream! Yarn Letter, Lemon Poppy seed Muffins and St Patty's Crafts

Happy St Patrick Day Week!

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

St. Patty's Kid Art
Here is adorable art project I did with the girls this week. They had a blast. I got the idea from pintrest HERE.


Little St. Patrick Day Gift

Saw this idea also on pintrest (where would we be without this amazing site?) and decided to try it out for the girls I visit this month for church. Fun Fun. :)


Yarn Letter
Not sure if I already posted this before but, I did one of those yarn letters for Danagan that has been floating around pintrest. The corners were pretty hard to work with but, I am glad I did it. It is a perfect accent to his tree bookcase mural. :)



HERE is the recipe. For some reason I can't seem to find the right flour to use in my pastries with out them tasting too strong of flour! GRRR. I added 1 extra TB of lemon juice to help with the flour taste and only 1/2 c of sugar to make them a tad bit healthier. :) Just to change things up a bit I also put a scoop of jam in the middle of some of them before popping them into the oven. I will certainly be making this recipe again for sure!

No comments: