Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday's Scissors and Cream Lavender Satchels, P.F. Chang Lettuce Wraps and Healthy Coconut Cookies

Fresh Lavender Satchels

Since that furry little creature said we are moving on to spring, we need to start thinking about the dreaded spring cleaning! I tried to make my own lavender essential oil this summer when I dried almost our whole bush of lavender from our front yard. I tried doing it in a crock pot on low which was way recommended by many bloggers. It turned out horribly. It actually turned all black and burned making a filmy, stinky oil cloud throughout the house. The end of the story is that the crock pot was left outside for a few days on the porch and I gave up. Luckily, I didn't use all of the dried lavender! So, I did something a bit more fool proof and sewed some satchels to go into our hope chests and drawers while we start our spring cleaning. HERE is a blog that has these satchels along with many other fun DIY projects!


P.F. Chang Lettuce Wraps

Although this is not the exact knock off of the restaurant's recipe we think it is good enough! The magic ingredient is the HOSIN sauce. You can get a glass jar of this in the international food aisle. It is usually by the hot sauce, pad thai sauce or curries. :) MMMM, that makes me hungry just thinking about that tasty aisle. This recipe is fool proof too! One addition we sometimes make is mixing some corn or edamame in with our final mixture. Have to try THIS one guys!


Vegan-Gluten Free Lemon Coconut No-Bake Cookies

These cookies are amazingly good! You have got to try these! Who knows, you may have a wheat allergy and just don't know it. If that is the case then these will be a dream come true! LOL! The only change I made was I decreased the shredded coconut to only 4 TB of FINELY chopped coconut. I am not a huge fan of the texture of coconut in anything so, this was a perfect alternate solution. We actually didn't have time to warm them in the oven so, we ate most of them just in dough balls :) HERE is the fun blog I found them off of.



No comments: