Monday, February 27, 2012

Fridays Scissors and Cream (Quiet Time Church Bag, ))

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.
Enjoy...

We have officially entered the toddler age of 2 second attention spans. We all know how much fun the 2 year old stage can be but it is DARN exhausting! Since my child is the one you see sliding on the isle floor on his belly to the front of the chapel every Sunday we clearly needed some new distractions. Check out our new quiet time church bag of goodies. Alot of these games I have been using for my 4 yr old church class but Danagan will get into them sometime this year. I was holding off on posting this entire blog post until I got done with his Owl library/church bag but I can't seem to decide on a style yet. I have a iron on owl patch and a mushroom/forest theme fabric but, everything else is totally undecided. You can check out my Pintrest page HERE and give me some advice on which one is the cutest. :)

Prophet Memory Game

I made this all "by myself" with ALOT of help from Daniel. I used this for my 4 year old church class and it was a HUGE hit. You could also do other fun versions using family members, pets, or any other themed pictures. I added the number of the prophet and then semi-color coded them so that it would be easier. Lets face it there are a lot of them WE can't even tell apart.


Re-use church magazines for a awesome coloring book!
The Friend has a reoccurring page called the "" It consists of a coloring page of a church related theme. Instead of throwing away these magazines I ripped out all of the coloring pages and made my own coloring book!



Popsicle Puzzles

I found these on Pintrest HERE. I was racking my brain about what to give my precious sunbeams as b-day presents without raising their blood sugur and annoying their parents. Ah-HA! These puzzles hit the spot! I reused pictures I found from old lesson manuals and magazines and came up with all of these! I learned a lot of things about mod podge that I didn't know before:
1. To avoid ripping and massive wrinkles in your strips of paper dip your thumb and index finger in mod podge then thinly coat the strip on both sides before smoothing onto the wood.

2. Work VERY quickly. Mod podge dries fairly quickly and it will start balling up on your fingers and transferring to your puzzle. If this starts happening take a break to pick off the dry mod podge and wash/dry your fingers.

3. Watch what your doing! I turned over the picture I was going to be cutting and marked with a pencil where exactly I was going to cut. Then blindly cut without paying much attention to what the puzzle on the other side would end up looking like. As you can see some of them look quite awkward with a line through Jesus' eyes.







No comments: