Friday, December 16, 2011

Fridays Scissors and Cream (Pecan Tarlets, Card Holders )

By this time the Christmas cards are coming in the mail. I am one to send out cards by Dec. 1st but not this year. I may not have OUR cards sent out but I am sure ready to receive cards! Here are two fun ways to display your x-mas cards if you don't have a lot of room. I Mod Podged this "K" a few years ago and got the idea last year to make it into a card holder for the holidays. HERE is a blog that has a tutorial on how to mod Podge letters. Its pretty self explanatory just looking at my picture. I am going to paint some cloths pins black for the final touch.




Cloths Pin Card Holder
HERE is the tutorial I followed to make this cloth pin wreath. Daniel had to help me mold the hanger into the shape we needed but everything else was super easy. I chose green and maroon for my spray paint from JoAnns and went to work!



My mother and father in law LOVE peanut brittle, so I decided to make a little add on to their Christmas gifts this year. I am mad I never knew how easy it was to make! HERE is the recipe I followed.




I made pecan pie/pecan tartlets for the first time ever for my book club last week. HERE is the recipe I used. My plan was to use the left overs for my "front door drop Christmas goodie friends" but they sadly never left our house. We gobbled them up in only a couple days. :)

* FYI- 1 1/2 regular pie crusts and HALF this recipe make 24 perfect mini tartlets. I had to make more dough for another batch because we had so much filling left over!



I got this kids craft idea from a pintrest image I found HERE. The girls and I had SO much fun doing them. We taped cyran wrap on the inside instead of contact paper. It worked ok but contact paper would have been less messy with the gluing . :)


No comments: