Friday, October 28, 2011

Fridays Scissors and Cream (Halloween Fabric Transfers, Healthy Hot Dogs? and Cupcake Bath Bombs)

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts. Enjoy...



I had a TON of fun making some last minute "new mother/special friend" comfort gifts. It was super easy to do and I found most of the ingredients from our local Central Market.

HERE is the tutorial.

I found the following ingredients there: Bromine powdered clay, indian food based food coloring, cream of tarter in bulk and witch hazel. I had a terrible time trying to pipe the frosting pretty like the uber talented wonder-mom that makes amazing cakes for all of her kids events. Alas...I had a rude awakening finding out how much practice I really need to get in order to do it well. To be fair my RA in my hands make me shake terribly when I squeeze or hold things for longer then 15 sec. So, I will blame the disease rather then my lack of skills. :) I solved the frosting dilemma by plopping the frosting on, smoothing it out and then adding a pile of orange pumpkin soap confetti to the middle. TA-DA!






My mom gave me a ton of embroidery hoops recently and I wanted to make some vintage art that I could interchange with different images depending on the season. You can find the tutorial HERE. It was crazy hard finding the Citrosolv and a copier that has toner. For those who live close to me you are in luck! I will save you a ton of time and tell you that our local Central Market has Citrosolv and Fred Myers on Bothell Everett Hwy has the old school "yellow plastic toner added" copier. I can't wait to make a batch of Christmas transfers next!


To keep up the Halloween spirit Danagan and I made some adorable mummy dogs. You can find the recipe HERE. My child unfortunately LOVES hot dogs. We try to have healthier options for meals around here but it has been a bit of a battle to get him to "like" anything. We found these all beef or all chicken dogs with NO added NITRATES at Trader Joes. At least I can pretend to be a decent mother and get ones that have less added cancer in them. Right?

*This is not my picture. We accidentally scarfed them up so fast that I forgot to snap one before they were all gone!



No comments: