Monday, September 19, 2011

Scissors and Cream (Nutella and Orange cookies & 3D art )

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts. Enjoy...

Since I would like to devout a good 3 whole days to sewing projects this week and there was a serious out cry for these recipes you all get Scissors and Cream early!

So, I stumbled upon two A-MAZING cookie recipes this last week and decided to try them out in the middle of the night. My scissors and cream bucket list has been shrinking down drastically these past two weeks due to my increasing insomnia and stress from losing my current job. I have been able to try out so many new things and have found myself extremely grateful for that extra time!



Nutella Cookies!!! (This is not a joke)



I would suggest making a ½ batch like I did to save yourself from getting a 3rd butt cheek! These little devils have to be the most fattening cookie I have seen. With that being said, they are also the MOST amazingly delicious cookie. (Hello- nutella, butter, sugar & cocoa what more could a emotional girl possibly want?)


FYI- I decreased about ¼ cup sugar and 1/3 c nutella from my half batch and they still tasted scrumptious. I would have also liked to have used whole wheat flour to make it a little less of a guilty snack. There will certainly be a "next time" though. :)





Sun Kissed Orange Cookies

These orange cookies are super fast (onlt 15 mon including cooking time!). They also have just the right amount of citrusy zest and fluffiness making them a cookie with the perfect combination. Try it out yourself HERE!





3D Art Project (So easy I would say its cheating)

Here is a fun 3D art idea I found HERE. I just love using thrifted frames for pennies and putting my own art in them. I got the frame with out the hanging attachments at a garage sale for 50 cents and the wood branches from my friends decorative vase that was overflowing. Super easy and you don't have to be too crafty for this one. (That is my type of craft!)










No comments: