Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday's Scissors and Cream! (carrot biscuits and chalkboard pots))

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts. Enjoy...

This week I made Danagan some toddler biscuits. He LOVED them and we sneaked some veggies into his diet. shhh, don't tell him! Next time I will try to put oatmeal and zuccini in it for some added nutrition. (we are having major problems with eating ANY type of veggie)

Carrot Toddler Biscuits

2 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
4 oz sour cream
4 oz whole-wheat flour
4 t vegetable oil
2 whole eggs
4 oz unsweetened cinnamon applesauce
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 t low sodium baking powder
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
6 oz brown sugar (not packed)
Mix all wet ingredients including carrots and brown sugar all together in a mixing bowl and let it soak on the counter for 15 min.

Mix all dry ingredients in a smaller bowl

Bake @ 350 degrees for around 25 min. Fork will slide out clean when done


I baked them in cupcake pans so they atleast are perfectly rounded. Since its only one kid-o we are feeding we froze half of the batch and take it out for breakfasts.

Chalkboard Paint Labeled Pots

Attempt #1: Total failure! So, after making my rectangle template and doing 2 coats of paint I thought my pots looked a little plain. I didn't know if I wanted to glue on cute buttons or gem stones. Either idea I think would look so cute, but I really wanted both pots to match. I put on some double sided tape and tried to see if the gem stones were really what I was going for. I was so excited to see it all together. To my disappointment I couldn't get the tape off of either pot without totally ruining my "latex like" chalkboard paint :/ Just to make fun of me more the left over paint on the pot looks like it has a little face laughing and mocking me on the left hand side! lol

Attempt #2 Finally finished, now time for planting!

No comments: