Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

So, this last weekend we celebrated mothers day early for my mom in Puyallup. I went out on a limb and got a little crafty. I made my first fruit pie and cute flower pop up card. The pie was amazingly delicious and too good not to share. So try it yourself HERE! If you follow the reciepe it is a but watery so, I add these tweaks. Add 1/2 cup more flour then what it calls for and then drain a little of the settled juices from the fruit filling before you put the top on. Yummy!

The card is a work in progress. I think I will try thinner paper and different craft glue next time.


Attention: For those who love craftiness! Here are some awesome present options this week to make your amazing mothers. I love these inspiring blogs!

Make a personalized pin cushion!











2 comments:

Sarah Dana said...

The pie was pretty dang good. Even I've never been brave enough to attempt Strawberry Rhubarb. Go Laura!

jamie said...

yum. and thanks for the gift ideas. i always need them--i'm horrible at being thoughtful.