Friday, November 30, 2012

Scissors & Cream (Lentil Curry, 1 hr rolls, and Lemonade Cake and )

For those who are new to our blog I have taken on the challenge to broaden my domestic goddess talents. I will be posting "first attempts" to crafts and recipes each week for your entertainment success or total failure! I call these my Friday's scissor and cream posts.

Lentil Curry Soup

I have tried a COUNTLESS number of soups with Lentils and all have turned out completely inedible!  This one was cooked a bit too long turning into what Daniel calls "Troll Mush" but it tasted delicious! Since I got this recipe from my friend Kayleen here it is typed out for you!  I believe she got it from Debbie K to give everyone the right credits :)

Lentil Soup
Ingredients:

2 c. lentils
8 c. chicken stock
1 onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped (I didn't use this and it still tasted great!)
1 carrot chopped
1 tea. salt
1/4 tea. pepper
1 tea curry
1/2 tea cumin
1/2 tea coriander (skipping this doesn't alter the taste much...lol)
1/4 t turmeric
1/4 tea garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic

Boil lentils and chicken stock until lentils are 1/2 way done. Add veggies. Simmer. Add spices
Simmer until all soft 50-60 minutes.  Add cooked sausage if you want.  Enjoy!




1 Hour Dinner Rolls
When I saw this recipe on Pintrest and it raved about only taking 1 hr to make I had to try it!  HERE is the blog it is from.  It was super easy and made delicious rolls.  Sadly, the amount it made did not make enough to last us more then one night!  I plan on using this recipe to make huge batches and flash freeze them for convenient dinners.



Cream Cheese Lemonade Cake 
This Lemonade cake was deliciously sweet!  Putting this one down on my cookbook favorite cakes!  HERE is the recipe







No comments: