Friday, October 21, 2011

Fridays Scissors and Cream (Halloween Decor, Sugar Cookies and Homemade Spaghetti Noddles)

Its not too late for Halloween! I have totally fallen in love with the popular party blog " hostess with the mostess". The parties they feature are totally amazing and over the top! They occasionally will have some of their decor FREE to print! They have really pulled though for me this Halloween season. Here are the cute vintage printables I have used this week from HWTM and other awesome blogs.

Halloween printable spellbound sweets

Halloween DIY sweet spirits

Spells and potions Halloween: creepy jars and candy labels

Spells and potions Halloween: creepy drinks

Halloween themed freebies from lil mop top- Here are some free toddler educational halloween games I used for nannying this week

Many potion bottle from cheeky magpie CHECK THESE VINTAGE LABELS OUT!!! So fun!

Spider Web Sugar Cookies

I have finally found a recipe for frosting that is spreadable without being too runny and actually tastes good! I couldn’t be more excited! I tried my hand at some sugar cookies and frosting with a Halloween twist. I used this tutorial for the sugar cookie recipe and added 1 tsp extra of Lemon extract instead of the normal almond. For the frosting I used a recipe my friend Kristen Moya gave to me. Hopefully she doesn’t mind me sharing. I have included the recipe below. I got the decoration design from (of course) “Our Best Bites” HERE.

Butter Cream Frosting (yeilds about 2 cups)

1/2 c butter, softened

16oz confectioners sugar

4-6 TB of milk or cream (I had to use 7 actually)

1 tsp vanilla

Beat butter, sugar, 3T milk and vanilla until smooth and blended thoroughly. Add additional milk for desired spreading consistency. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, about 1 min.




This adorable Ghost Graveyard was found HERE and the super easy mummy sucks were created thanks to "Zakka Life" HERE.



Homemade Speghetti Noodles

My craft/recipe hiatis has rubbed off a little onto my husband. His Grandparents were in town this week and he surprised me and them with a scrumpious dinner featuring HOMEMADE speghetti. HERE is a similar tutorial he followed. Let me know if you all are intesterested in me doing a tutorial for them and I will! I just want to make sure there are some avid blog lookers before I do all that work :)



No comments: