Friday, April 17, 2009

First Post/The Final Countdown

Imagine that, a new blog. And this is the first post.
So anyway, Laura and I are going on an extended vacation at the end of next week. I guess this blog is a pretty decent place to post updates. The Schedule for our trip is as follows:

LEG 1 - ITALY
April 26 - Leave Seattle
April 27 - Arrive in Rome
May 4 - Leave Rome, arrive in Florence
May 11 - Leave Florence, stop over in Pisa for the day, then head on to Manarola
May 15 - Leave Manarola, arrive in Vernazza
May 18 - Leave Vernazza, arrive in San Gimignano
May 21 - Leave San Gimignano, arrive in Venice
May 26 - Leave Venice, stop in Milan, and take the overnight train to Paris


LEG 2 - FRANCE AND ENGLAND
May 27 - Arrive in Paris
May 28 - drive to Normandy for the day
May 31 - Leave Paris, arrive in London
June 8 - Leave London, drive to Bristol
June 15 - Leave Bristol, drive to Telford
June 16 - Leave Telford, drive to London
June 17 - Fly out of London, and return to good old Home Sweet Home.

That's our schedule and now that I write it out it looks quite busy. It doesn't feel that busy. We hope to make this blog the primary source of updates for our trip, so keep yourself update here if you want to know what we have been doing.

2 comments:

Megan Knowles said...

exciting, have so much fun! I cant wait to see pictures!

Courtney said...

YAY! More blog friends! Hahaha... Hey, I know you guys pretty much have your trip all set up, but are you planning on making a trip to Versailles while you're in Paris/France? My one day at Versailles was, without a doubt, the BEST day in my whole 3 weeks in France. We did the garden fountain tour which was AMAZING, but the castle was closed for repairs. In spite of the fact I still have yet to see the hall of mirrors, I will always remember that day because it was almost like walking back in time... Ok, now I'm just sounding weird. Long story short, Versailles is a must see, even if you just go there for the tour. It's like an hour and 45 min drive south from Paris, I believe.
Oh, and there's this amazing Monet museum in Paris. It's kind of off the beaten path, but my host family took me there because I LOVE Monet. Not a must-see if you don't have time, but it was definitely a highlight of my trip. It's called Musée Marmottan-Monet. I looked up the address and metro stop on their website: 2, rue Louis-Boilly, 75016. Métro: La Muette (9). Anyways, if you're in the area it's really cool.
OH I'M SO JEALOUS!! Congrats on such an amazing opportunity guys! Can't wait to hear all about it! Be safe, have fun, update often!!!